[CentOS] CentOS 5 and bittorrent

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Thu Apr 12 17:22:43 UTC 2007

Oh. Never mind my previous post...

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of John Hinton
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 10:19 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: [CentOS] CentOS 5 and bittorrent

Folks. This is likely to be the hardest hit CentOS has ever taken with
regards to bandwidth needs.

I was really hesitant to use bittorrent for this type of thing for a long
time. However, it really is nice to give back at least what you take. At the
moment, I'm seeing almost 3000 connections to the torrent.
That times 3.5 gigs is a pretty huge chunk of data... and it has just begun.

What I'm getting at here, is CentOS gives a LOT! If you have never
considered doing your downloads via a torrent, please do consider this and
try to give back at least the bandwidth you use. I'm sure the CentOS team
will appreciate this more than you will ever know.

Me? I'm downloading via a winders box and I use bit tornado which is
extremely flexible in setting upload and download allowances as well as the
number of connections. And it's free. I'm sure others use many of the other
aps available.. just please consider using the torrent.

Best,
John Hinton