[CentOS] CentOS 5 and bittorrent

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Thu Apr 12 17:48:24 UTC 2007

But at least I'll have it working....

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Stephen Harris
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 10:37 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] CentOS 5 and bittorrent

John Hinton wrote:
> What I'm getting at here, is CentOS gives a LOT! If you have never
> considered doing your downloads via a torrent, please do consider this
> and try to give back at least the bandwidth you use. I'm sure the
> CentOS team will appreciate this more than you will ever know.

When there's an official announcement and a torrent link shows up on the
centos website then I'll add my machine to the feed (it's a v-colo machine
at an ISP; I have 100Gb/month xfer so I should be able to help out a bit),
but I don't want to waste my bandwidth on unannounced potentially broken
unfinalised images.  Mostly likely what you are downloading now is the final
version, but since it hasn't been announced there _could_ be a last minute
change.

I strongly suggest people wait for an official announcement and then use
that torrent.  That's what I'm gonna do!

--

rgds
Stephen