[CentOS] Looking for a good disk exerciser

mike.redan at bell.ca mike.redan at bell.ca
Thu Apr 12 18:37:35 UTC 2007

	I recently added a Seagate 400Gb SATA drive to my system, and it
has been behaving strangely since I put it in.  for one thing, the BIOS
S.M.A.R.T. came up with a warning the last time I booted with it
enabled, saying that I should backup my data and replace the disk (!).

	 <snip>
	What is a good program out there that exercises a disk to give
some assurance of errors or lack thereof?

 I like this one: http://freshmeat.net/projects/iogen/

pretty easy to use, and seems to crush systems.

Mike