[CentOS] Re: CentOS 5 and bittorrent

chrism at imntv.com chrism at imntv.com
Thu Apr 12 19:48:54 UTC 2007

Mark Hull-Richter wrote:
> On 4/12/07, *Stephen Harris* <lists at spuddy.org
> <mailto:lists at spuddy.org>> wrote:
>
>     I just saw it come through on the announce list so I'm currently
>     starting
>     the torrent.  I appear to be uploading 3 times faster than I'm
>     downloading
>     (uploading at 1700KB, downloading at 500KB).
>
>     Hopefully my ISP won't start moaning at me!
>

> Nah, they'll just bill you for it....

I started to feel guilty since we have somewhat of a sweetheart deal for
transit so I've throttled back to about 100mbits/sec.  And it's pegged.
The leeches are out in full force!  :)

Even when it was at 500mbits/sec the load on the system was surprisingly
low...between 0.1 and 0.25.  That old fashioned washed up Centos 4.4
seems to still be holding up.  :)

Cheers,