[CentOS] kernel panic with OS update

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Fri Apr 13 17:24:16 UTC 2007

Florin Andrei wrote:
> I've a bunch of RHEL4 systems that were originally installed with RH 4.3
> using dd - a "master" system was installed, then the hard-drive was
> copied verbatim using dd to all the new systems.

grub.conf looks fine

The master system and the target systems use identical hardware.

I believe the hard-drives are identical too, although I've been able to
spot some tiny differences on the labels - like, the last number of the
device type is different (out of a long string of numbers). I am not
certain if that difference means there are any real differences in the
geometry. The disks look otherwise identical.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/