[CentOS] Re: Many Fedora 6 packages in CentOS 5

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Fri Apr 13 21:40:45 UTC 2007

R Lists06 spake the following on 4/13/2007 1:08 PM:
>> Why are there so many Fedora 6 packages in CentOS 5?
>> Are there something wrong with the build system?
>
> I don't know for sure, yet it is my understanding that "in general"
>
> Fedora 6 becomes RedHat 5
>
> Fedora 5 becomes RedHat 4
>
> Etc etc
>
> I could be off though
>
>  - rh

Quite a bit off.
Fedora Core 3 roughly became RedHat Enterprise 4, and RedHat 9 Roughly became
Enterprise 3. I think Enterprise 2.1 dates back to RedHat 7.x.

But you were right on with Core 6 going to Enterprise 5.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and