[CentOS] No Centos5 update announcements yet

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Apr 14 23:50:16 UTC 2007

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 15:10 +0200, Bernd Bartmann wrote:
>> What about the update announcements for Centos5? There was nothing
>> posted to centos-announce yet for the updates that have been released
>> so far for Centos5. Also, the centos-announce mailing list options
>> page does not know about Centos5 yet.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Bernd.
>
> I'm not posting 30 updates each for 2 arches (the release comes with all
> updates up to 4/12/07 included) .... I will create the filters for the
> announce list though.

I've always wondered why you produce so many announcements. Isn't one
per package per release enough?

By the time they arrive here, with all the meaningless (to users) junk
at the front of the subject line, it's really difficult to see whether
the announcement is relevant to me.

Removing* the list name would help.

Having one announcement per package would help.

Having a separate list for each CentOS release would help.

* RH introduced the "insert list name into subject line" trick with
Hurricane (RHL 5.0). The reaction was so negative, it abandoned the idea.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait