[CentOS] Fwd: Response from Canon - MultiPASS (KMM7153196V60774L0KM)

Mark Hull-Richter

mhullrich at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:44:44 UTC 2007

My apologies for this because it is, technically, OT, but it is a classic
example of what rotten support Linux (and CentOS) get in the US from
equipment manufacturers.  The whole email is a lie because they DO have the
drivers on their asia site, they just don't want us 'Murkins to get our
hands on them.  Or maybe it's part of some clever little nuance of their
agreement with Micro$oft not to provide the Linux drivers so they can have
the rights to distribute the Window$ drivers with the printers.

Maybe I should advertise this - canonmp160.ppd available here (and put up a
web site for it).