[CentOS] Hot swapping drives

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Mon Apr 16 05:27:39 UTC 2007

Feizhou wrote:
> AFAIK there is NO hotswap support in Centos 4 unless libata with
> hotswap support was backported to the latest Centos 4 errata kernel.
    I figured that out when I shoved the drive in and CentOS 4 just
stared at me, like nothing happened...

    Note: I have since then rebuild the machine with CentOS 5, and since
doing so the drives were already in the chassis so I never tried doing
this with v5 yet.  Maybe some time in the future as we add more drives
to the system...

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6