[CentOS] CentOS 5 upgrade from 4.4 fails. Cannot mount /dev/md1 root partition

B.J. McClure keepertoad at verizon.net
Mon Apr 16 11:06:08 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 15:13 -0700, Brent wrote:
> I just went ahead an downloaded the ISO's again. This time there was no
> problem. I thinking the bittorrent I was using was Bad perhaps a beta
> version or somthing.

Hmmm.  My aborted install was local DVD.  sha1sum checked as did media
check.  DVD was downloaded by torrent as well and I think torrent is
supposed to check file integrity automatically.  Did another install
with same media with no issues.  Machines are identical except no Raid
on machine with good install, linux Raid 1 on machine with failed
install.  Anaconda seems to read the partitions, or partition table,
correctly since it displays the correct partition to mount for doing
custom partition.  Trying clean install gives same result: cannot
mount /dev/md1.  Have not found any help in Release notes, google or
archives.

Still searching.  Thanks for your input. Seems we have regressed with
anaconda since all 4.x versions installed on this machine without a
hitch.

B.J.