[CentOS] CentOS 5.0 install fails every time.

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Apr 16 14:32:16 UTC 2007

Hi Mike,

Mike Putnam wrote:
> I used the 6 CD iso's, looped back, copied to a dir, exported the dir,
> then burned a boot cd with the delivered diskboot.img
>
> I was able to install the basic "Server" (NOT GUI) on 2 separate
> machines over the network.  This is OT for the X issue, but speaks to
> the loopback/CD isos.

this is a bit odd. What are the chances that you never needed anything
beyond cd-1 to do the installs that you did ? this process will work for
that - but it wont work if you needed to move beyond the first CD.

It can be potentially be made to work with a change inside stage2.img
and recreating the metadata for the tree.