[CentOS] CentOS 5 - Gnome

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 20:50:01 UTC 2007

>                Hi there I am just writing to find out if anyone else had an
> issue installing CentOS 5 on an inspiron notebook.

Hmm, this is an odd issue you seem to have. The centos5 install from
DVD and net install went flawlessly on my dell inspiron 9300. With
centos5, it's completely usable to the point that suspend/sleep works
now. The only things I had to install separately were the nvidia
proprietary drivers, and the intel ipw2200 firmware, both of which are
in the RPMForge repository.

George Orwell