[CentOS] How to upgrate to CentOS 5 from CentOS 4.4 by using yum.

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Tue Apr 17 12:52:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 09:52:37AM +0530, Indunil Jayasooriya enlightened us:

> Pls help to so;ve this issue.

Going from CentOS 4.3 to 4.4 is very different than going from 4.X to 5.X.
If you really want to do this, read this mailing list's archives. It has had
several threads on how to perform the update using yum. It is not
recommended, but can be done if you take the appropriate precautions.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics