[CentOS] linuxthreads & Printers in Centos5...

Jake Grimmett

jake.grimmett at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Wed Apr 18 14:40:51 UTC 2007

Dear All,

Firstly, many thanks for the hard work put in by the development team :)

Now I have a couple of problems, any help welcome:

1) Some of our software needs linuxthreads (i.e. InsightII) but it's closed
source and the writers (Accelrys) are unlikely to respin the code as they
want us to move to a different program.

Is there any way of installing another set of glibc libs on centos 5, to allow
an old, broken, but uselful program to run?

2) As part of my setup script for centos 4, I add a large list of printers to
each workstation by using
system-config-printer-tui --Ximport < settings.xml
(on my master machine I create the list with system-config-printer-tui
--Xexport > settings.xml )

Is there any easy way of automatically adding 15 printers to Centos 5 ?

My thanks for your time,

Jake

--
Dr J. Grimmett