[CentOS] Re: off topic / fighthing Nvidia

Phil Schaffner

Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov
Wed Apr 18 14:54:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 12:53 +0200, Patrick Moelands wrote:
> I know this shouldn't be probably posted here, but hey, I like to live
> on the edge ;-)
> Anyone got Nnvidia (legacy) drivers working with C5.0?
>
> I have been fighting yesterday evening + part of this early morning
> and didn't get anywhere.
> Tonight I will dive in again of course, but perhaps someone been there already?
>
> The topic at Nvidia's forum
> (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72490) doesn't seem
> to work (installer complaining about missing pkgconfig which I can't
> seem to install).
>
> The Livna drivers are no option (just like with the original legacy
> driver) that too would require updating after a kernel-update.

Have you tried the RPMforge package?

nvidia-x11-drv-96xx.i386    1.0.9631-1.nodist.rf   rpmforge

The dkms approach takes some of the pain out of rebuilding modules for
new kernels.

Phil