[CentOS] Which repositores?

Johnny Ljunggren

ml at bitl.no
Wed Apr 18 21:26:40 UTC 2007

Hello all

I'm new to RHEL/CentOS so I'm wondering what repositories people
add/enable to get all the extras they want? Especially multimedia stuff.
I tried to enable [contrib] but that didn't seem to be available (yet).
I then added rpmforge and atrpms which seem to work. However I've read
that atrpms may wreak havoc on my installation; is it best to keep it
disabled? What about rpmforge?
I found something called kbs-CentOS-Misc as well but it was not
available.

So, what repositories do you suggest for a workstation type of
installation?

Johnny Ljunggren