[CentOS] Centos5 installer hangs up with promise sata controller on board

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Fri Apr 20 03:02:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 06:58 +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> curently running centos4.4 with a board having promise sata controller.
> If I try to update to centos-5, the installer hangs up.
>
> No problems under centos-4.4.
>
> Does somebody know a workaround for this problem?
>
> In the mailing list archives I found a similar report, but no solution.

No solution, no known work-around except a major kludge with a FC6
kernel.  Please add comments to the BZ report:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1879

Phil