[CentOS] openmotif-devel 32 bit libs on x86_64

tblader tblader at flambeau.com
Fri Apr 20 13:31:04 UTC 2007

Steven Vishoot wrote:
<snip>
> wow learn something new everyday. I know trying to get
> oracle to run on linux has been a big headache in the
> past, (this was back in the days of rh 7.3 & 9.0) i do
> not have any recent experience with it.

This is actually for the Oracle Application Services.
I don't know if it's the full-fledged database service, or
just a client.  I've only been working with it a few weeks
off-and-on.

I think this issue is probably due to the 6i utilities being
compiled on a 64bit platform.  I am going to guess that the
Makefiles for 6i need to specify -m32 so gcc doesn't assume
64-bit compiles.  I'm not sure though, just a theory at this
point.

--

Flambeau Inc. Technology Center - Baraboo, WI
Email    : tblader at flambeau.com
Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu KeyID: 0x00E9EC2C