[CentOS] Dumb question (KDE Trash Can)

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Sat Apr 21 16:41:02 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-04-21 at 12:14 -0400, Robert Spangler wrote:
> On Sat April 21 2007 12:04, Mark Weaver wrote:
>
> >  I've got a really dumb question. I seem to have lost my Trash Can on my
> >  KDE desktop and try and as I might I can't get it back. Anyone have any
> >  idea how I can create this again or get it back? It's on the desktop as
> >  it should be in Gnome, but has disappeared from the KDE desktop.
>
> It's just a folder.  You can create a new one by right clicking on your
> desktop and creating a folder.  Then point that folder to
>
> /home/<user>/Desktop/Trash

yeah...um here's the rub.., I get the distinct impression it's not
"just" another folder. you can create tons of folders anywhere on the
filesystem and not one of them will behave the same way the Trash folder
does which leads me to believe there is something special about it. For
instance when you delete stuff it auto-magically goes into the "trash"
folder. When you right click on it one of your choices is "Empty Trash".

So I'm pretty certain it's not just a folder.

--

Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."