[CentOS] Can't load Centos 5 on laptop

centos at 911networks.com centos at 911networks.com
Sat Apr 21 20:38:23 UTC 2007

On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 16:09:48 -0400 (EDT)
"Paul" <unix at bikesn4x4s.com> wrote:

> I can load Centos 4.4 fine, but 5 won't even begin to load, it
> can't even read the kernel from the CD.  I got another cheaper
> laptop, and that one loads fine with Centos 5, the same DVD I
> try in the Pro-star laptop.  What would cause that?  I've never
> seen it before.  I'm trying to load DVD x86 32bit DVD.  Thanks.

You haven't mentioned what kind of hardware, CPU & video card...
but it could be that your laptop is a Via chipset or a 586...
which are not currently supported by CentOS5.

You also have not mentioned at what point it crashes.

Can it start with linux text?

--
Thanks
http://www.911networks.com