[CentOS] RealPlayer

Matt Martz mdmartz at gflug.net
Sun Apr 22 00:40:40 UTC 2007

On Sat, April 21, 2007 4:33 pm, centos at 911networks.com wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 23:09:42 +0300
> Ioannis Vranos <ivranos at freemail.gr> wrote:
>

>> > I downloaded the default .bin package and it loads fine
>> > (haven't tested it though, I am still configuring my box, but
>> > it looks OK).
>>

>> Just checked it with an mp3 and it plays great.
>
> Just installed the .bin package and I get:
>

> realplay.bin
>
> ** (realplay.bin:4071): WARNING **: HXPlayer: Error 0x80004005: "A general
> error has occurred."
>
> ** ERROR **: Could not create helix engine. You must run:
> export HELIX_LIBS=<path to your helix libs>
> aborting...
> Aborted

Just to make sure.  You downloaded that package.  Then...

sudo chmod a+x RealPlayer10GOLD.bin
sudo yum install compat-libstdc++-33
sudo ./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin
Specify where you want ot install the app to.
I specifed /usr/lib/RealPlayer
Then I said yes to creating System wide symbolic links
Accepted prefix as /usr

Clicked Applications>Sound and Video>RealPlayer 10

And it opens fine.
--
Matt Martz
CentOS Mirror Admin