[CentOS] Annoying Mouse Tricks

Pavel SRB srbanator at heckler-koch.cz
Mon Apr 23 22:01:36 UTC 2007

Juan C. Valido wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 07:10 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
>
>> Mark Weaver wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Something that just has been annoying the daylights out of me for the
>>> past 9 months with no resolution in site. I've got a Hawking HKS 104 4
>>> port KVM connecting my Linux workstation, 2 servers, and my wife's
>>> windows workstation to one monitor, mouse, and keyboard.
>>>
>>> No matter how I toggle back and forth whether by keyboard or directly on
>>> the device once I come back to the linux desktop scroll wheel on mouse
>>> no longer functions. Except for a brief time while running CentOS 4.4
>>> it's always been this way. I've googled until there were just no more
>>> places left on the internet and searched through CentOS archives until
>>> I'd read everything from balls to bones without finding any helpful
>>> information.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how a fella might resolve
>>> this? When I restart the machine (Linux) the scroll mouse works
>>> normally, that is until I toggle to the windows machine and back again
>>> or to one of the servers and back again. Then the mouse functions like a
>>> two button mouse not having a scroll wheel. I appear to be stuck in KVM
>>> hell with this.
>>>

>> I have problems, but not yours.
>>
>> 1. Replug the mouse?
>> 2. Replug everything in the KVM? Sometimes mine (Laser junk) requires this.
>> 3. Different mouse?
>>

> I've seen that before. I had to change my KVM. The newer Belkin and
> Trendnet work. If you get a new one make sure it says that it's
> compatible with Linux or Unix, I had the same problem with Solaris 10
> but not anymore...

Hi

this was my nightmare for about few days. I was and still am running hdd
install of knoppix 4.02 on main pc and second testing pc with (win xp,
debian, knoppix, kbuntu,ubuntu, freebsd and now centos :o). Using Belkin
KVM for two computers.

The only solution i found was to put " psmouse.proto=imps "to grub. It
is also working when booting knoppix live cd as cheat code. But did not
succed on *buntu. I did not test it on Centos, as i am only using terminal.

good luck

Pavel SRB