[CentOS] Centos for entry level server : Motherboard?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Apr 23 23:20:18 UTC 2007

William Warren wrote:
> to further add..google fraid.  That's what mobo based raid is.  if you
> want to use software raid turn off bios raid and use the built in raid
> in the linux kernel and then your mobo(asus nforce board) will work jsut
> fine.

However you want to characterise on-board raid, don't loose sight of the
fact that its presence generally has implications for how many disks you
can attach before going to add-on cards.

Sometimes four connectors (counted at the disk end) are not enough.

What you do with all those disks is a separate issue. Most of the
peecees I see advertised only have one disk, so obviously on-bord RAID,
if it exists, isn't being used.

--

Cheers
John