[CentOS] cpuspeed on centos 5

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Apr 24 12:06:16 UTC 2007

It appears as cpuspeed is not running on my centos 5 box(s).
One is a biostar motherboard Am2 6400+ the other is Asus am2 4800+.

If I do "service cpuspeed stop" it says OK,
If I do a "service cpuspeed start" is says OK.
However at no time is cpuspeed running.

/proc/cpuinfo only shows the cpu running at 1000 Mhz.

If I manually run "cpuspeed -C & " I now have cpuspeed running
as a process and /proc/cpuspeed shows 2200 mhz.

service cpuspeed stop then stops this process as it should.

service cpuspeed start does not start cpuspeed again...

Any ideas?

Jerry