[CentOS] Centosplus for centos 5

Tarun Reddy treddy at rallydev.com
Wed Apr 25 04:35:06 UTC 2007

On Apr 24, 2007, at 4:05 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 10:08 -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>>> I Just installed the new CentOSplus kernel package for CentOS 5
>>> on my
>>> test workstation, so far so good.  I was a bit surprised to note
>>> that it
>>> didn't include the IEEE1394/Firewire modules.  Was this
>>> intentional or
>>> merely an oversight?  I realize that including them in a server is
>>> probably a bad idea, but I had been using CentOS 4 with the -plus
>>> kernel
>>> on my workstation to grab video from my Sony DV camera.  No
>>> problem if
>>> it's not going to be there, I can just build a custom kernel if it's
>>> that important to me.
>>
>> I submitted a request for the firewire support some time ago:
>>
>> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1909
>>
>> So, hopefully it will be added...
>>
>> Akemi
>
> It was overlooked ... I will add this (and anything else that we
> find we
> need) and respin the kernels for final release.

Sigh,
This is what I get for being excited and update my machine before
actually looking at the RPMs....

It appears that the jfs kernel module isn't built yet for the
CentOSplus kernel. So while fsck.jfs does work, I can't get Centos to
actually mount my jfs partition. Of course I may have screwed
something up, too.

I have  this line in /etc/fstab
/dev/md2                /export                 jfs
defaults        1 1

and when I do a mount /export
I get
mount: unknown filesystem type 'jfs'

uname -a
Linux fw.tarun.homeip.net 2.6.18-8.1.1.el5.centos.plusxen #1 SMP Mon
Apr 16 07:34:51 CDT 2007 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Any ideas?

Tarun