[CentOS] Evolution problem - not sending/receiving any more

Mark Hull-Richter

mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:21:16 UTC 2007

Not at all clear on what happened.  I haven't downloaded my mail from
gmail into Evolution for a couple of days, and today I changed my
gmail password.  Even though I told Evolution to forget my passwords
and had to reenter them, I am unable to receive any email from the
server.  I get a quick "retrieving Pop summary" and then the window
vanishes and nothing gets downloaded.

When I try to send email, I get a window that says "Unable to
authenticate to SMTP server" and a few other things.

I have triple-checked the password (couldn't get here if I didn't know
it), so what else could be the problem?  I swear I didn't change
ANYTHING else.

--
Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)