[CentOS] CentOS 5 fresh install fails at io scheduler setup

Mark Hull-Richter

mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:01:56 UTC 2007

As long as I'm still awake, I tried to install CentOS 5 (earlier) from
a DVD I downloaded via bittorrent about a week or so ago.  It boots
fine, but once it starts to load the kernel (in graphics mode), it
gets to the point where it announces the four i/o schedulers and then
stops dead.  No disk activity, no DVD activity, nada.

Is there a known problem here and if so what, or is this a new one?

Thanks, and good night.

--
Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)