[CentOS] network config files in centos 5 changing

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Apr 25 12:59:53 UTC 2007

>>Jerry Geis wrote:
>>/ What is happening in centos 5 with network config files???
/>>/
/>>/ I have a machine with 2 network cards.
/>>/
/>>/ ifcfg-eth1 keeps changing to DHCP. All my static setup is gone.
/>>/
/>>/ Why is it doing this? How can I stop it?
/>>/
/>>/ I run "netconfig -d eth1" and re-setup my static information. I reboot and
/>>/ now I am back to DHCP.
/>>/
/>>/ I have a gigabyte motherboard, nvidia chipset. forcedeth driver. eth0 is
/>>/ e1000.
/
>Do you have files under /etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/?

there are no files under this directory.

Jerry