[CentOS] Centosplus for centos 5

Wed Apr 25 19:47:06 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 11:45 -0600, Tarun Reddy wrote:
> On Apr 25, 2007, at 9:35 AM, Tarun Reddy wrote:

> >> I have one .. somehow, the JFS was not turned on in the x86
> >> kernel ...
> >> let me respin the kernels with all the proper config files and
> >> turn on
> >> firewire.
> >>
> >> I'll get another kernel out today for testing
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Johnny Hughes
> >>
> > That's funny, I actually look at that last night, but since I moved
> > from i386 to x86_64, I only looked at the kernel-xen i386.config
> > file in the kernel SRPM and saw that CONFIG_JFS_FS=m. Now that I
> > look in the x86_64 kernel, it is not set. I'm going to try and
> > rebuild as well.. just for the heck of it.
> >
> Well I changed that, and rebuilt the rpms, and no love. rpm -qpl
> kernel or kernel-xen don't show any jfs components. kernel-debuginfo-
> common shows a bunch of jfs stuff but they are just .c files. No help
> there.
>
> I guess I'll see what Johnny comes up with. Probably a more serious
> build bug. (FWIW, I just did a rpmbuild --bb kernel-2.6.spec after
> install the SRPM)

Here is the problem .... Red Hat has built some generic config file
templates that they apply to the config files that are in the SOURCES
directory (using a Perl script) before they copy them to the BUILD
directory.

These templates actually turn off things, even if you put them in the
config files.

I guess that this allows the same config files to be used for RHEL and
FC ... with certain things that are on in FC turned off in RHEL.

It took a little bit of time for me to actually see that RH had built
this into the prep stage of the kernel SRPM.

However, we should be set now ... holy cow ... now they are even
building SRPMS that are smarter than me :D

I will post another mail after I have moved the new kernels into
place ... probably in less that 12 hours.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes