[CentOS] FreeNX authenticates but no desktop on centos 5 ??

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:50:33 UTC 2007

On 4/26/07, Jeremy Gray <jrgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I note that at http://wiki.centos.org/FreeNX is says that freenx
> only works with centos 4, which I am hoping is simply out of date, as freenx
> is shipped as part of centos 5. I saw a post today saying that freenx is
> supposed to work exactly the same on CentOS 5 as per instructions for 4.
> hmmm. I've tried uninstalling freenx on the centOS 5 machine and
> reinstalling.
>
> any suggestions appreciated! many thanks,

I wish I could say something useful to you.  I followed the
instructions at http://wiki.centos.org/FreeNX and all is fine on
CentOS 5.

All I did on the server mchine was to 'run yum install nx freenx' and
nothing else.  It creates user "nx" on the server.  For the client,
again, I followed the procedure exactly as shown on the wiki page,
nothing extra.

Akemi