[CentOS] recompile kernel 2.6.20.7 (so I get updated forcedeth driver)

Ronald Warsow rwarsow at online.de
Fri Apr 27 12:55:17 UTC 2007

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I installed 2.6.20.7
> copied /boot/config{something} to .config
> make oldconfig
> make oldconfig
> make menuconfig - turned on drivers -> Sata -> nvidia
> make bzImage
> make modules
> make modules_install
> make install
> rebooted.

make bzImage and make modules could be shorten by *make all*
to copy the /boot/config-... is also unnessary, make oldconfig reads
this i belive

> Seems like the issue I had with forcedeth (nvidia) bad MAC address is gone.
>
> However, the iptables gives errors.

> Where in the menu tree do I enable what iptables needs???

compare your /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config
IPTABLES_MODULES variable settings and your modules you choosed to
compile via make menuconfig
=> networking => networking options => network packet filtering
framework(netfilter) ...

--
      ronald