[CentOS] Default printer environment variable

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Fri Apr 27 13:15:53 UTC 2007

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to get the iSeries Access for Linux client (IBM 5250
> emulator) working on a CentOS 4.4 system.  The client is mostly
> working - it connects to the remote AS/400, the custom keymap I
> created is recognized, etc.  The only problem is printing to a local
> printer.
>
> The docs for the client state that it reads the default printer
> environment variable to figure out which printer to print to on the
> local side.  What's the default printer environment variable?
> $PRINTER? I'm lost on this one since I've never had to set it before.

Yes, it's PRINTER. Set it to the name of the printer you want to use. If
your printer is named foo, then do

export PRINTER=foo

If all users will use the same printer, you can create shell scripts in
/etc/profile.d to set this variable for all users at login time.

--
Prentice

The contents of this communication, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  They are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose the contents of this communication.  Please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication in its entirety.