[CentOS] Centos 5 -- Bind up and running

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Sun Apr 29 04:01:24 UTC 2007

R Lists06 wrote:
>> Took a bit of review, but I got everything in good enough form to get
>> BIND going on the new system.
>>

> Hey, that is really great...
>
> What was it that made it so terribly difficult?
>
> Bind on centos is like a 15 minute job at most in my experience and that is
> being overly cautious
Chroot was not set up right.

No named.conf. A named.conf in /etc though.

I ran the config-bind redhat program, and it created a named.conf, but
still no sym link from the chroot/etc/named.conf to the /etc/named.conf.

Also the various defaults are each in a different config file, and that
was not the case in whatever ver of Centos 4 that I first did the build.

So I had a long careful look at what they had, and what I had running
and fixed the sym links and put it all together. I still realize that I
better check it over carefully; make sure that non-recursion is working
and so on.