[CentOS] Issues with r8169 gige on boot.

Steven Haigh

netwiz at crc.id.au
Sun Apr 29 13:23:41 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded a system from CentOS 4.4 to CentOS5, and now
when the system boots, the r8169 ethernet card doesn't come up.

After the boot sequence, if I type "ifup eth1 | ifup eth1.10 | ifup
eth1.203" then the adapter starts up ok. It seems to be something
with the boot sequence it loads the ethernet adapters a different way
around (ie 4.4 eth0 is now eth1 and eth1 is now eth0).

Is there a way to revert this? Module loading priority or similar?

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au