[CentOS] CentOS 5 - Issues with multimedia

first last

prelude_2_murder at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 13:43:41 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am having some issues with CentOS 5.

-XMMS stops playing MP3s without apparent reason. I leave it playing
some album and it will just stop whenever it feels like it. It will go
into "pause" and just stay there. Pressing on the pause button to
resume does nothing at all. I thought it could be some newly encoded
songs, but it does the same for a song that I have played 100% times.

-K3B takes 1:40 to create a DVD. Initially I thought it could be
because I was writing a DVD with 2GB files on and UDF extensions, but
creating the image first and then burning that takes exactly as long.

I am running a clean install of CentOS 5 i386 on a Dell Inspiron 6400
(Core Due, 1GB RAM) with SELinux on "enforcing". None of these issues
happen on the same machine running kubuntu 6.10.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Gabriel