[CentOS] CentOS 5 - Issues with multimedia

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 01:51:53 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, first last <prelude_2_murder at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> -K3B takes 1:40 to create a DVD. Initially I thought it could be
> because I was writing a DVD with 2GB files on and UDF extensions, but
> creating the image first and then burning that takes exactly as long.

Could this be a drive issue instead of a k3b issue? Does it play dvd's
back at regular/expected speed or are they choppy. It could very well
be that if you're using the ata_piix module for the drive, that you
have to add some options to get it to perform properly. I had to do
this on my dell 9300 laptop under c5, but afterwards things move
pretty smoothly. Burning the c5 dvd takes about 2 minutes.
George Orwell