[CentOS] CentOS 5 beta upgrade path

Sun Apr 1 10:14:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 07:52 -0500, eric at austinconventioncenter.com
wrote:
> How hard would it be to upgrade from CentOs 5 beta to the released version?
> Would it be as simple as a yum upgrade or would I have to upgrade via
> booting from cd/dvd/pxe ?
>
> Pardon my ignorance if this has been asked already
>
> -Eric

It is looking now like an upgrade is going to be fairly easy ... but
will require you to remove at least one package (linuxwacom-devel) by
hand.  This package was removed upstream.

Also take care of at least one group of packages manually
(Image-Magick*) as they were labeled as .fc6 in the Beta and are .el5 in
the release (aslo done upstream).

There may be more as we test ... but it seems that it will be fairly
easy to upgrade the beta to Final.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes