[CentOS] Weird time(zone)?

Sun Apr 15 01:21:11 UTC 2007
Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com>

    I installed CentOS 5 on a server today (wiping clean the drive which
had 4.4 on it).  During installation I picked the correct timezone,
location and all.  Yet, upon booting the machine, it seems to think that
it's 6 hours earlier than it really is.

    The BIOS has the correct time and date on it.

    /etc/locatime was originally what /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/Denver
would've been.  I removed it and symlinked it instead thinking it might
change things - it didn't.

    Right now, 'date' tells me:

        [1] 13:21:12 <root at bigbertha:~> date
        Sat Apr 14 13:21:13 MDT 2007

    But it's actually 19:21...

    So, uh, what's going on?  Why is the time so off?  Under CentOS 4,
the time was just fine.  Something happened in 5.

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6