[CentOS] Looking for a better way to build

Sun Apr 15 22:26:00 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

I have been following the wiki on how to build a custom kernel, and it works
great.

Except, I am doing ongoing work with the internals of the kernel, and it is
really awkward to set up a change and then build it using the standard
methodology (edit the file to change, diff it against the original to make a
patch file, rebuild the whole thing).

Isn't there a way (and what is it) to play around with the kernel source
files until they are in the shape I want them to be in, and THEN go through
the whole build process again.

Thanks.

Mark Hull-Richter, Linux Kernel Engineer
DATAllegro (www.datallegro.com)
85 Enterprise, Second Floor, Aliso Viejo, CA  92656
949-680-3082 - Office     949-330-7691 - fax