[CentOS] Machine SLOWWWS and then stops after a few minutes running centos 5.

Mon Apr 16 21:30:10 UTC 2007
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

Hi all,

I had asked the other day about my new machine amd 6000+ and
strangely SLOWWING down then eventually stopping.

I have tried a new 500W power supply,
I took out the extra video card, and just used the one on the
motherboard (both are nvidia one with
DVI one RGB).
I took out all the RAM and tried differnent RAM.
I ran memtest86 (ran fine until the machine turn off).
Harddrives should be fine since they are not active during memtest86.
THe temperature on the CPU has never been higher that 118 degrees. This
is after it turns off
and I go into the hardware monitor.

I reset the BIOS settings or loaded defaults. I did download from ASUS
the current
BIOS for the M2N-MX motherboard.

I cannot change the mother board or processor without buying a new one.

It is SO STRANGE that the system slows DOWN before shutting off.
I run a continuous compile and use the time command to time it. The
compile starts at about 16 seconds and SLOWS DOWN to 30 seconds right
before turning off.

cpuspeed is not running on the box. If anything its supposed to speed up
not down.

Is there anything else to try or any suggestions. I also boot centos 5
with "noapic" on the kernel line.

Jerry