[CentOS] Annoying Mouse Tricks

Sun Apr 22 13:09:53 UTC 2007
Mark Weaver <mdw1982 at mdw1982.com>

Hi All,

Something that just has been annoying the daylights out of me for the
past 9 months with no resolution in site. I've got a Hawking HKS 104 4
port KVM connecting my Linux workstation, 2 servers, and my wife's
windows workstation to one monitor, mouse, and keyboard.

No matter how I toggle back and forth whether by keyboard or directly on
the device once I come back to the linux desktop scroll wheel on mouse
no longer functions. Except for a brief time while running CentOS 4.4
it's always been this way. I've googled until there were just no more
places left on the internet and searched through CentOS archives until
I'd read everything from balls to bones without finding any helpful
information.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how a fella might resolve
this? When I restart the machine (Linux) the scroll mouse works
normally, that is until I toggle to the windows machine and back again
or to one of the servers and back again. Then the mouse functions like a
two button mouse not having a scroll wheel. I appear to be stuck in KVM
hell with this.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."