[CentOS] Xen guest and samba

Wed Apr 25 14:51:23 UTC 2007
Rick Barnes <linux at sitevision.com>

Hello,
I am new to this list, but having been using CentOS for sometime.

I recently installed CentOS 5 on a test server to check out Xen. The
installation was smooth had so far I have everything working except I
cannot get samba to join our AD domain from the xen guest, using
para-virtualization, I setup. I am out of ideas, and cannot find anyone
having similar problems.

I have tested my config files on the server itself (Dom0) and it joins
fine. But on the guest it will not join.

kinit works and I do get a ticket from kerberos. But when I try to join
I get:

# net ads join -U administrator
administrator's password:
Using short domain name -- ICN
Failed to set servicePrincipalNames. Please ensure that
the DNS domain of this server matches the AD domain,
Or rejoin with using Domain Admin credentials.
Disabled account for 'XEN01' in realm 'ICN.LOCAL'

In messages, I have:
Apr 25 10:36:02 xen01 winbindd[29659]: [2007/04/25 10:36:02, 0]
libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(208)
Apr 25 10:36:02 xen01 winbindd[29659]:   kerberos_kinit_password
XEN01$@ICN.LOCAL failed: Clients credentials have been revoked
Apr 25 10:36:34 xen01 pcscd: winscard.c:219:SCardConnect() Reader E-Gate
0 0 Not Found

The hosts, resolv.conf, smb.conf and krb5.conf files are the same
between the guest and Dom0 and are using the same version of samba.
Selinux has been disabled in order to make sure it was not interfering.

Has anyone had this issue or successfully able to join to a domain from
a guest?

Thanks,
Rick