[CentOS] URGENT: Skip installation ix86 packages from kickstart on 64bit arch?

Wed Apr 25 18:11:52 UTC 2007
Robinson Tiemuqinke <hahaha_30k at yahoo.com>

Hi,

 Has any one know how to skip ix86 packages from
installation in Centos kickstart? Most of our machines
have 64bit Intel/AMD CPUs, and it make non-sense to
still keep 32bit compatibility. Even worse of i*86
packages is, when upgrade we have to recompile both
ix86 version and x86_64 version to get an automatic
yum upgrade.

 I know we could use 'exclude' option to exclude i*86
packages from yum calculation/upgrade; But, if this
can be extended to kickstart?

 Thanks a lot.