[CentOS] linux dd on CentOS 5 x86

Thu Apr 26 20:03:24 UTC 2007
Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com>

               Howdy,

I had to use a driver disk today to install CentOS 5 on a Poweredge 1900
/w a 3ware 9650SE controller card.

The only gotcha I noticed is that for some reason CentOS 5 will not read
driver disk files off of a thumbdrive (usb key) when it is being
emulated as auto, hard disk, or floppy disk. (it saw the thumb drive as
SDA in all instances) however when I plugged in a USB floppy drive (the
poweredge 1900 is sans floppy controller) it still saw the drive as SDA
and it read the files off of the USB floppy disk.

My question, I suppose is what is the difference between a floppy
emulated SDA and a USB floppy SDA?

Thanks,

-Drew