[CentOS] Yum package/instlal/update problem

Sun Apr 29 15:41:16 UTC 2007
fredex <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

Hi gang!

I'm trying to update my videolan client (0.8.4a-4.el4.rf) to the latest
0.8.6 version. I see that Dag has a 0.8.6 for EL4 (I'm running Centos 4.4)
but when I do "yum update videolan-client" it says there's nothing to
update.

When I remove the videolan client than do "yum install videolan-client"
it insists on trying to install the 0.8.4 version:

 Package                 Arch       Version          Repository        Size
Installing:
 videolan-client         i386       0.8.4a-4.el4.rf  rpmforge          5.4 M

Transaction Summary
Install      1 Package(s)
Update       0 Package(s)
Remove       0 Package(s)
Total download size: 5.4 M
Is this ok [y/N]: n

I can't figure out why it's not installing the 0.8.6 version that is
clearly visible at Dag's repository at this page:

	http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/vlc/

where we see, among other things:

	vlc-0.8.6b-1.el4.rf.i386.rpm

Anybody got a clue?