[CentOS] LVM & Softraid & expansion

Mon Apr 2 08:06:54 UTC 2007
Morten Torstensen <morten at mortent.org>

thad wrote:
>    It is a matter of record [53] that IBM's approach to LVM was
> rejected by Linus Torvalds in favor of a different approach.
> Accordingly, even if we were to stipulate that IBM had access to old
> SCO's LVM technology, any attempted misappropriation came to naught.

That was a different matter; EVMS vs LVM. And even there Linus was and
is wrong. The Linux implementation is "good enough" and linux as an OS
can probably live with it. It is just a little sad that "good enough" is
enough sometimes, esp. when the alternative is not harder to implement.

But this is getting pretty off-topic.

--

//Morten Torstensen
//Email: morten at mortent.org
//IM: Cartoon at jabber.no morten.torstensen at gmail.com

And if it turns out that there is a God, I don't believe that he is
evil. The worst that can be said is that he's an underachiever.