[CentOS] Centos really slow as VMware Server guest OS..

Mon Apr 2 11:22:11 UTC 2007
Jeffrey Bird <jeff at jbird.org>

first last wrote:

> Apart from installing the vmware tools, another recommedation I have
> read is to disable dual CPU within the VM and use only one. Haven't had
> a chance to test it myself yet, my vmware machine is being repaired.

I can second this. I changed a Centos VM today back to one CPU from
using two. The VM now seems to running much better. I have read
elsewhere that virtual SMP exacts a not inconsiderable performance
penalty since it only a new feature and is still under development.

Jeffrey Bird