[CentOS] Partitioning with LVM

Mon Apr 2 14:52:35 UTC 2007
tblader <tblader at flambeau.com>

Cen Tos wrote:
> I've been reading up on recommended partitioning scheme and looking at
> Centos 5 beta's default scheme, it struck me that with LVM, it doesn't
> matter any more as long as we leave aside enough room for /boot, does
> it? Or am I still missing something here? Thanks!

Not sure if booting from LVM is supported, so I usually leave /boot as a raw
disk partition.  Some other caveats I've run into are trying to unmount /usr (lvm)
so I can fsck it in single mode only to find out LVM has stuff open there.
I usually keep a Knoppix boot disk handy for those instances.

--

Flambeau Inc. Technology Center - Baraboo, WI
Email    : tblader at flambeau.com
Keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu KeyID: 0x00E9EC2C