[CentOS] Centos 5 will have full NTFS read write support?

Tue Apr 3 08:21:24 UTC 2007
John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org>

David G. Miller wrote:

> It wouldn't surprise me if NTFS was encumbered by some sort of Micro$oft
> intellectual property claim.  This would be sufficient to cause Red Hat
> to not build their kernel with it even if all it takes to make it work
> is to enable the feature in the kernel build.

Debian's as paranoid as anyone, but it ships NTFS.

Additionally, I've never heard any claims regarding HPFS, and as I came
to Linux from OS/2, I think I'd remember such. And, RH has never, to my
recollection, shipped HPFS either.

--

Cheers
John