[CentOS] Windows AD

Tue Apr 3 14:51:15 UTC 2007
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

You don't want to go through the Windows LDAP authentication
method, modified schemas, adding extended attributes and
managing them for all AD users. It's a real mess.

Use winbind + kerberos and that's all you need.

If you need to have the windows uid/gid common across a
whole bunch of machines you can either, 1) get the idmap rid
stuff working in samba so all uid/gid->rid mappings are the
same or 2) setup 1 host to do the mappings and dump it into
an NIS map and share it via NIS.

-Ross